It can be frustrating when you are trying to enjoy an evening in your backyard and you keep getting mosquito bites. Mosquitoes feed on your blood, so you are their evening meal. They are attracted to the CO2 you breath, but are looking for the protein and iron in your blood. Below are 5 Tips on How to Reduce Mosquitoes.
First though, some interesting facts about mosquitoes.
Did You Know?
- Only Female Mosquitoes Bite (there is some sort of gender joke here, but I can’t afford to go back into the doghouse with my wife Nikki)
- Mosquitoes are the world’s deadliest animals responsible for about 1 million deaths per year
- Mosquitoes can lay eggs in standing water as small as a spoon
- Mosquitoes are as old as dinosaurs
5 Tips on How to Reduce Mosquitoes
- Keep Your Gutters Clean – The debris and standing water in your gutters could be a breeding ground for mosquitoes
- Maintain Your Yard – Cut and trim your lawn on a weekly basis. Mosquitoes love areas where the vegetation is overgrown and can hold water
- Clean Up the Backyard – Many kids toys, old tires, or garbage can hold water and attract mosquitoes
- Wear EPA-Registered Repellants – There are natural and DEET sprays you can purchase
- Have Your Property Sprayed – Have a licensed professional spray traditional or natural products to kill mosquitoes and deter them away from your property